Now down to business ...
1. What information about a user's email, the origin of a message, and the path it took, can you glean from an email message?
ok .. for example if you go to Outlook, select a message that you have received, then right click and select options it will bring up a window telling you the path and details of where the message has come from.
2. In what cases would you find it useful to use the 'cc', 'bcc' and 'reply all functions of email?
You would use 'REPLY' to a message when you receive it from a person and then give a response to the received email. The 'CC' button allows you to send the same messages to how ever many emails you want at the same time. The 'BCC' button allows you to do the same as CC but hides all the emails address and when you are the recipient of a bcc email it looks like you are the only recepient and you will not be able to see the other emails.
3. In what ways can you ensure that an attachment you send will be easily opened by the receiver?
You can send it as a text file ... so that everyone can open it. There are other programs that are widely used, such as adobe acrobat (pdf) and most computers have microsoft word on their computers.
4. What sorts of filters or rules do you have set up, and for what purpose?
The filters I have in place would be to get rid of junk mail, not to allow large file through, block email addresses and moving emails into different folders.
5. How have you organised the folder structure of your email and why?
I have organised them by groups with tiles such as a persons name, university etc and then under those groups have added folders eg for the university group then curtin, monash etc then in that group the subjects studied at the university eg NET11. The reason for that is because if I am trying to find a particular piece of information I don't have to hunt around for it, I will know what folder it will be in therefore making it organised and so I don't waste time.
So this is the answers ... will be back with so much more info soon.... later this week that is .. I still have a life you know!!!! he he he he